Visit Holland - The Netherlands
* "the Netherlands" and "Holland" are used to describe the same country?
* one quarter of the Netherlands is below sea level?* the International Court of Justice is at the Peace Palace in The Hague?
* the Netherlands has approximately 480 inhabitants per square kilometre?
* with only 0.008% of the world's area, the Netherlands is the world's third largest agricultural exporter?
* the Netherlands was one of the European Union's founding nations?
* the Netherlands has at least 15,000 km of cycle tracks?
* Dutch is also spoken in Belgium, northern France, Suriname, the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba?
* the Netherlands still has about 1,000 traditional working windmills?
* the Dutch are the tallest people in Europe?
* Amsterdam is entirely built on piles?
* the Netherlands always has a coalition government, which makes it a country of compromises?
* the Netherlands has nearly 1,000 museums, with 42 in Amsterdam alone?
* almost every Dutch person has a bicycle and there are twice as many bikes as cars?
* the Netherlands is the world's eighth largest exporter?
* people in Holland eat raw herring with onions on top?
* about 30% of all Dutch babies are born at home?
* you can see 22 paintings by Rembrandt and 206 by Van Gogh in Amsterdam?
* the Netherlands has the highest number of part-time workers in the EU (four in ten people)?
* the Netherlands' highest point is 323 metres high and is therefore called a " mountain"?
* you'll find a bunch of flowers in almost every Dutch living room?
* Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands, but The Hague is the seat of government?
* most Dutch people speak at least one foreign language?
* one in every three Dutch people belongs to a sports club?
* after Scandinavians, the Dutch are the world's biggest coffee drinkers?
* people of 200 nationalities live in Amsterdam?
* the Netherlands has one of the youngest populations in the EU?
* when your plane arrives at Schiphol, it lands 4.5 metres below sea level?
* the Netherlands has the highest cable density in Europe?
* Amsterdam has 1,281 bridges?
* when Dutch schoolchildren pass their exams, they hang a Dutch flag and a school bag outside their homes?